12 “Handyman” projects that give you a lot of bang for your buck
There are a number of “handyman” projects that give you a great return on your investment. Here are just a few…
- If when you walk into your foyer you are immediately transported to 20 years ago when you had it painted, then there is a good chance that fabulous color is now dated. Consider having just the foyer and main living areas painted an on-trend color.
- If your hall bathroom is dated, but the tile is in good condition, consider giving your bathroom a facelift by having the walls painted an on-trend color and swap out just the vanity and toilet.
- Having your kitchen cabinets painted and changing out the hardware is also a great way to spruce up a dated kitchen.
- If the curtains in your family or living room date back more than 10 years, consider just changing out the rods and curtains for something more on-trend.
- If the artwork on your walls makes you feel like you are visiting a museum, purchase a few oversized blank canvases from your local hobby store, paint your own version of an abstract painting using on-trend colors, and then have your neighborhood handyman hang them.
- Want to give your neighbors something to really talk about? Have your front door painted a bright green or blue or yellow.
- If your deck is worse for wear, get it pressure washed, re-stained, and then strategically place a few colorful pots with evergreens or flowering plants.
- Consider purchasing a firepit kit and a few chairs to put in your backyard. You will be the envy of your neighbors!
- Have your neighborhood handyman build you a one-of-a-kind mailbox. If you are a bird lover, have him build a birdhouse mailbox. If you are a dog lover, have him build a dog house mailbox. You will be the talk of the neighborhood!
- Have your neighborhood handyman pressure wash the front walk and front of the house. You will be surprised at how much fresher the exterior looks.
- If you have a front porch or covered stoop, consider purchasing two colorful chairs with throw pillows to sit on either side of the front door.
- Lastly, and most importantly, replace that old front door mat with a fresh new mat. That way you are guaranteed to give those neighbors anxious to see what other updates you have done a proper welcome!